Loch Eala, Cavan

finty

Hi,

anybody know anything about this development in Lough Gowna, Cavan? Houses look lovely and really high spec, but fairly pricey for cavan i think. What about the area? Thinking of moving out of dublin and this area seems lovely.

Thanks in advance

I know Gowna pretty well. It's a small village, good community. About 15 minutes from Cavan. The houses facing the lake seem to be occupied having driven by. Best of luck

They are real pricey! 470 for a 4 bed detached. They are all tricked out with solar panels and all but seems hefty enough. Any opinions? Have they been on the market long at this price?

Hi all,
I'm originally only a about 6 miles from there. I was in the village a couple of wekends ago and went into the showhouse out of curiosity. I have to say they are of a very high standard with oak joinery and nice stonework etc and have an A energy rating. The houses currently for sale have a nice view of the lake but the developer plans to build more houses closer to the road which will obscure the views from these.

I know this area pretty well as I lived nearby until some years ago. Very nice rural village but price for these houses is totally OTT given there was planning received for more houses in the same area. Its a nice area for holiday, nearest employment opps would be Longford or Cavan and better housing value close to both.
Nothing much to do in Gowna except drinking and Fishing and most locals are proficient at both

I'm from Cavan town and these houses do seem overpriced but perhaps they would be willing to listen to offers given the current sales climate. Spoken to a friend of mine who is in the building trade and has been through the showhouse, he reckons they are top notch and he is from outside the village himself. Gowna is on the quiet side but it is a nice village and worth a look, you could do a lot worse.

They do look quite nice. Does anyone know what the drive to Dublin would take....would it be a possible commute? Are there local primary schools is there much to do for young kids?

Best way to get from Gowna to Dublin is via Granard (10+- minutes) on to Edgeworthstown (10 minutes) and on the N4 from there to Dublin. It would be an insane commute, imho, although not much further than the equally insane commute from Longford town.

Back