Location for holiday in Spain - Andalucia area

Gulliver1

Hi all

My partner and I are travelling to Spain for a 10 day holiday.

We are flying into Malaga Airport. Our flights are booked but accomodation is not.

We have done the whole ''Marbella thing'' before and are looking for something else this time 'round.

Can anyone recommend an area other than Marbella to spend our holiday? We like the beach so somewhere along the coast is preferably, although not necessary as we will be hiring a car.

Thanks alot.

Malaga city, stay one night there. Lovely city esp on the weekends. Buzzing, and great shopping and the best tapas too. Fabulous beach area, reminds me of Barcelona without the stags and hens.

Then on to Estepona. Cannot be beaten for a fabulous beach, and a Spanish working town with great atmosphere, bars, and restaurants. No lager louts either, too far down the coast for that. I really like it.

Then drive to Cadiz. Wonderful spot, you will like it I know you will. Then up to Seville for a few days. Another magic city. Spain is full of them, each wonderful. Then over the mountains from Seville to Ronda. The views are amazing, and the drive is white knuckle, not for the faint hearted.

And back to Malaga.

We have done this route, and it is fantastic. We had 15 days though, so you may tailor it a bit, if it sounds too much.

Enjoy. I just love Andalucia.

Sounds like a lot of driving. What is Mijas like?

Haven't been to Mijas. Passed it on the Auto route del Sol. Heard it has donkeys with hats on for the tourists, and is whitewashed. It is on the day trip circuit of the Costa del Sol, and I'm told it's very picturesque. I'ts very close to Malaga airport too. But I think its inland a bit, up a hill, so I think you might be a bit away from the beach there.

As for the itinerary being a long drive, well it takes about 1.5 hours from Malaga to Estepona. Then about 3 to Cadiz (good roads) same or less, can't remember to Seville from Cadiz. The whole journey was fab. Don't remember being fed up with the driving time, there is so much to see on the way, and don't forget we had 15 days, so 1 in Malaga, 5 in Estepona, 4 in Cadiz, 3 in Seville, 1 Ronda, 1 Malaga before going to the airport for home. Never felt tired of the driving at all really.

Definitely try to fit in Córdoba. It's a beautiful city. Much nicer than Mijas to my mind. Mijas is very touristy and if you visit Ronda it's in the mountains too but more authentic.

Going to Malaga for a weekend in October. Can anyone recommend a hotel with a balcony and a sea view? Just a relaxing weekend the less traveling once we get there the better. Sea view essential, walking distance to shops, city etc. thanks all. LS.

You could consider Sunset Beach Club in Benalmadena - it's approx a €25 taxi fare from Malaga airport.

The hotel is 4 star & is actually owned by FBD insurance group!

It's made up of appartments within a hotel.

Been there many times & could not recommend it more.

Do request / book a sea view at the time of booking.

I have no connection other than a very satisified customer.

Cashman