Locating a unmarked burial plot 70's. Would the local Town Co or County Co know?

Tormented

Hello all

I am trying to verify by map or other reference the location of a burial plot from the 1970s which was unmarked after the burial. I believe I have tracked the grave location but need official verification, would the local Town Council or County Council have these records, which officer (Title) in the council would usually deal with graves.

Hope you can help, please.

Ring the Council, ask who the local caretaker is, they probably have knowledge if not a written record.

You could also approach an established undertaker who should have knowledge of who the caretaker is ..... he/she might even be the caretaker (as is the case at my local graveyard)

Hi guys,

thank you for your suggestions re my question on burial plots.

I will give the council a ring and see what they can tell me.

Many thanks.

If the graveyard is attached to a local church, you could try there, some have pretty good records

All graves are numbered and written up by who ever owns the graveyard either the church or the local authority.
Ring the local undertaker for the area. In the case of Cork city it is the recreation and amenities dept

Back