Loan settlement outstanding

Introuble83

I settled a historic AIB loan through there collection agent Interim Justicia on 15/9/20 . They email to confirm the account is now closed . I have received no confirmation from AIB that the residual value has been written off and the loan balance is still outstanding on my online banking . I have spoken to AIB recoveries a number of times on this and they advised me it will be processed “soon” and backdated for icb/ccr. This seems like a very long delay to me . Should I report this to the ombudsman? I would like my record updated to reflect the settlement. Thanks

I settled a historic AIB loan through there collection agent Interim Justicia on 15/9/20 . They email to confirm the account is now closed . I have received no confirmation from AIB that the residual value has been written off and the loan balance is still outstanding on my online banking . I have spoken to AIB recoveries a number of times on this and they advised me it will be processed “soon” and backdated for icb/ccr. This seems like a very long delay to me . Should I report this to the ombudsman? I would like my record updated to reflect the settlement. Thanks

Of course you should go to the Ombudsman, your solicitor and Joe Duffy, and maybe call for a public enquiry as well?

You took many years to pay your debt and in the end only paid some of it.

That is no reason for AIB to take a few months to update your record with them. The Covid epidemic is no excuse for them to not prioritise updating your account.

Why on earth should you pay your debts, when you have extensions to build? Sure the rest of us don't mind paying for your extension and for your unpaid debts through the highest mortgage rates in the eurozone.

Brendan

Last edited:
Of course you should go to the Ombudsman, your solicitor and Joe Duffy, and maybe call for a public enquiry as well?

You took many years to pay your debt and in the end only paid some of it.

That is no reason for AIB to take a few months to update your record with them. The Covid epidemic is no excuse for them to not prioritise updating your account.

Why on earth should you pay your debts, when you have extensions to build?

Brendan
Don’t see any need for the snarky response? 4 months to update and account is slow by any standards. Well aware from first hand experience the effects of Covid on banking industry.

The loan has been settled. That's the end of the story. The bank wrote off part of the loan. That was in the settlement. The slate has been wiped clean. There is no reason for the bank to delay their response.

Back