Loan not on ICB?

Dannyboy2013

Hi I took out a joint loan with my wife in 2009.
It was a 10 year loan for €39,000 from one of the bigger financial institutions. It was a joint personal loan. It is linked to our joint current account (same bank).

I recently requested my ICB report as I am having financial difficulties and awaiting an appointment with MABs. This loan does not appear on either mine or my wife's ICB report.

There has been no missed payments on this loan as it is debited direct from the joint account. (My problems relate to other personal loans from other banks which are not taken by direct debit... I realise this is preferential treatment of creditors).

When I spoke to the other bank regarding my statement of income they seemed to be doubting my figures, possibly because they couldn't see this loan on my ICB.

Is it in my interest to contact my main bank and inform them this loan is not on our ICBs?

ICB is a credit checking mechanism and not a record of all loans. Not all banks are ICB members so it is not uncommon to have some loans excluded.
When I spoke to the other bank regarding my statement of income they seemed to be doubting my figures, possibly because they couldn't see this loan on my ICB
Just provide your CA statement showing the repayments or your loan statement to them!

Yep. It was as simple as that, I emailed them a statement.
I do find it strange though that TSB didn't put the loan on the ICB to begin with.

Back