loan help

C

crazy7381

Hi guys
I have a loan with BOI which I was repaying every week Just got a call that the company i was working has shut down now i dont know what to do with my finances I can pay off my credit card and live for a month but i dont know if i will find a job please help.......

First thing to do is talk to your bank and be open and honest. I was recently having difficulties with a loan for different reasons to yours and they were very helpful and undertanding. They rescheduled the loan which has halved my repayments over the next few months.

check to see if you have insurance on the loan. a few years ago i was made redundant but i had taken out insurance with the bank when i took out the loan.

Get onto your bank as soon as you can because it could take a while for the payment to come through from the insurance company. You will probably have to fill in a claim form every month with proof that you've been looking for work. (letters of refusal)

with the policy i had, the payment/cheque was made out to the bank itself, not to me personally. i presume this is standard practice.