LLB career advice.

A

amelia

Anyone in the legal world help me? I am embarking on the LLB - Griffith College part time...I already have DLS...my background at the moment is a senior administrative role with a professional org. (not in legal)....any ideas what area I would be most likely to get employment in the legal area just to start with....

thanks.

Hi amelia

The solicitor's profession is a very strange one. It seems very difficult at the moment for even the best graduates to get training contracts with solicitor's firms. You should really be studying this for the joy of studying it. I reckon your chances of getting a training contract at the end are very low. But ask Griffith College to give you information on graduates of the course - where are they now?

Brendan

LLB

Thanks, I'm not actually looking towards Solicitor or Barrister - I know this is difficult, I'm just checking out other areas in law that I could work in...No I dont think I could afford the guts of 15,000 over three years for the joy of studying...thanks for the advice any other ideas would be a help also..

Re: LLB

I did a bit of research on this recently & discovered how hard it was to crack without taking a serious dip in my annual salary.

Major law firms to take in trainees every year but these positions are reserved for the cream of the crop, that is to say, unless you could guarantee that you would be in the 95th percentile you would be wasting your time applying.

Needless to say, the idea of a law course has been put on the "when I win my millions" list.

mo3art

Back