Living in the Canarys and left unsecured debt behind.

TF1

This is my first post so please go easy on me. I left Ireland approximately 3 years ago to live in the canarys as I had lost my job in Ireland and I was on social welfare. I have a mortgage with NIB with 17 years remaining on it to the value of 125K. I have an unsecured loan with BOI worth 20Kwhich I have not paid in over 2 years. I also have a credit card debt with MBNA for 5K also not been paid in over 2 years. Before people say you should honour your loans I simply cant. I am focusing on trying to pay as much as I can of the mortgage. The property is now probably worth only 60K at most. I have heard nothing from BOI or MBNA as they dont know where I am. NIB know where I am as I am regularly communicating with them. I tried to restructure the mortgage with them recently but based on my wages and outgoings they are saying that in the long term this is not sustainable. They have basically said I will need to sell the house or they will take it back off me. They have given me the option to appeal to which I have appealed. I explained to them that I want to pay the money back asked them could they extend the mortgage over 30 years I have heard nothing back yet. I am working in the Canarys earning. 1.5K a month. I currently have my house rented at €275 per month which I told the bank they could take the full amount and I would also give them an additional 200 which if the mortgage is spread over 30years would be feasible.

Questions:

In relation to the secured debt I am wondering what the banks have done and what is my position there, should I contact them?

Also I plan to return to Ireland for 2 days next week and this sounds stupid but could Gardai arrest me if there was a judgement against me?

In relation to the mortgage if NIB turn down my appeal what are my options?

Also I am concerned for my tenant as he is very happy there and if the bank take the house back will he be asked to leave?

Can BOI and MBNA chase me to the canarys for this debt?

Also how long will the unsecured debt last if I dont pay?

I am not concerned about my credit rating as I dont intend to return to live in Ireland.

I hope I havent asked too many questions.

Most people nowadays would say - if you don't intend to return to Ireland (at least to live)and paying off these loans is seemingly impossible or will take for ever, then why are you worrying?

As regards the tenant -come on ,be realistic. There's loads of properties around. He hasn't a whopping great debt round his neck, or debtors chasing him. So, O.K., it would be inconvenient for him to move . Boo-hoo.

I won't moralize about paying one's debts. You're away from Ireland and intend to stay away. You either start a new life, or remain in penury for decades paying the bank the loan.