Living in an apartment but i want sky TV!

Lyndan

Hey All

Living in an apartment and we are not allowed get individual sat dishes. I totally understand this as it wouldnt look very good. Does anyone know if there is a way that 1 dish can be put up for a number of apartments...that way a group of residents can get together and arrange it?

Anyone have experience of this?

cheers

It can be done, but it is fairly difficult to arrange I would imagine.

Is NTL Digital (thru cable) not an option?

I live in an apartment and the builders had them prewired for sky with a dish on the roof of each block .... I haven't seen a dish but I'm sure its up there somewhere.

Getting one put in after building would be fairly messy alight, as you would need it wired back from the dish to your apartment

It's not so much the installation that I would have concerns over, it's getting enough people to agree on the issue and having someplace to site the dish. This would require the permission of the management company (i.e. the apartment owners as represented by their elected directors).

It is interesting however that our leasehold agreement permits the management company to consider appeals against the provisions of the leasehold agreement, so even though the agreement forbids dishes, an appeal can be made to the managment company to allow for same, without amendment of the original agreement (of course agreements may vary in their provisions).

Hi, I've just bought an apartment and Smart are looking after the TV/phone/broadband side of things. I called them up and they can offer us all the Sky packages as an extra. If you call the tv service provider in the block, they should be able to sort you out with a sky box in addition to whatever their standard package is.

ftb2 said:
Hi, I've just bought an apartment and Smart are looking after the TV/phone/broadband side of things.

Are you sure that it's Smart, and not somebody like Magnet?

Or are Smart now doing TV?

ftb2 said:
I called them up and they can offer us all the Sky packages as an extra. If you call the tv service provider in the block, they should be able to sort you out with a sky box in addition to whatever their standard package is.

It took our cable provider nearly 2 years to provide us with Sky Sports. Still no Sky movies. In our experience, these smaller cable providers are very unreliable.

In all cases that I am aware of, a Sky box implies that there is a Sky dish somewhere. Are SS feed is from cable. I think that there is a dish onsite somewhere, but this was there when the development was launched.

[broken link removed]. That's interesting, there is mention of a set top box (presumably like NTL).

At the OP: if you have a phone line, you may be able to avail of the Smart service.

Granted it is a Smart digital tv package but it has all the same standard channels as NTL, Corus etc... Any extra Sky deals can be run through set-top. We are going for Sports and Movies package as an add-on to standard service. I'm sure other service providers do the same