Living at home, how much to give up?

I remember watching Eddie Hobbs last year and he said someone living at home should be giving up 600 euro a month or their about but definitely not less.

Not to be funny, but a friend works a 45 hour week on her feet in bar and catering, and this amount equals half of her take home pay. It is cheaper to rent a room elsewhere than it would be to hand this amount over for some.

Why dont you discuss it with your parents again and ask them what they would consider fair.

Most people continue to live at home or move back home as they either cant afford to move out or they are saving etc. Maybe to get their own place.

Any people I know still living at home, and indeed myself when I lived at home, paid at most about €100 a week. This was when I was in my first job out of college or based on the notion that I was saving for something.

It really depends on your own financial circumstances and that of your parents.

For example if you were lucky enough to be earning €50k per year or more I would think that €100 per week at home would not be enough.

Well said, the question answered decently and the post is good among many who would look for any excuse to pay nothing.