littlesteps.eu radio ad 2 'Dublin' women discussing diet of their children?

.they have 2 actresses speak in very (false) working class Dublin accents
Haven't heard the ad in question, but this is my pet hate. Regular offenders include David Norris, Twink, Maureen Potter, Niall Tobin and a new generation of thespians and voiceover artists following this miserable tradition, and doing it really badly.

Complainer, you have hit the nail on the head there - Twink and her "Rose Violet" or dirty dusting or whatever it is accent is what the ads sound like.

http://journalist.ie/2010/04/little...find quite a lot of people agree with me. LS.

I agree with you that the ads were badly made, I am simply pointing out that they are targeting the right demographic, if in a ham-fisted way.

I do the shopping in my house and I only buy ingredients, nothing ready cooked. We eat meat 5-6 days a week (veg/bean curry is a big favourite with the kids). Mrs Purple is far more likely to buy the cheese dippers for the kids lunches the odd time she goes shopping.

I also agree with you about the swimming pools; crazy stuff. (BTW, the article by Claire Byrne points out that " Research shows that children from lower socio-economic backgrounds are most at risk of being overweight" )

Do you work full time as well Purple? if you do fair play to you as well as doing all the cooking! Bet your wife is the envy of her friends you put the rest of us to shame

Do you work full time as well Purple? if you do fair play to you as well as doing all the cooking! Bet your wife is the envy of her friends you put the rest of us to shame

Thanks (I'm still at work, waiting for a conference call)

On the subject of annoying ads, theres the McDonalds one where they need a morning treat because one of them got a parking ticket & clamped, and the other had her car stolen because she left the keys in it.

The ad is brutal start to finish but the absolute cringe bit is at the end:

"What are we like, the pair of us" (or in the other order, too painful to recall in full).

For yisser women out there giving out about Hunky Dory ads, this McDonalds one is far worse.

yes, it's a.tro.cious.. worst i've heard in a long time.

Has anyone else heard the new one? Two men talking, one is a generic dublin accent, I think, the other- maybe midlands?

Caveat, Gift Grub did a couple of skit adverts based on the littlesteps radio ads this morning.

The sketches that are first broadcast at approx 8.10am are repeated the following morning at about 7.20am.

Off topic no doubt but has anyone heard the new ad for Ambrosia on the radio. Features a mother and a 'talking cow' - good god who comes up with this childish rubbish? Makes me mad every time I hear it!

Off topic no doubt but has anyone heard the new ad for Ambrosia on the radio. Features a mother and a 'talking cow' - good god who comes up with this childish rubbish? Makes me mad every time I hear it!

At least that cow has a neutral accent