LiteOn LVW-5045GDL dvd recorder

• Thread starter virginprune
  • Start date
V

virginprune

Can you recommend where I can buy LiteOn LVW-5045GDL dvd recorder or can you recommend any good web sites that sell these

Cheers!

All the ones I tried dont ship to Ireland.
Do you know any that do!

cheers

Some of the places returned by the Google link above either deliver to or are actually based in Ireland!

I tried a lot of the options with these companys but found there was no lead to Ireland

Have you tried Play.com or Pixmania.com ?- both deliver to Ireland.

Amazon comes up on Google - but won't deliver dvd players etc to Ireland. Shopireland.ie is just a shop front for Amazon - so same applies.

irishlinks said:
Have you tried Play.com or Pixmania.com ?- both deliver to Ireland.

Will play.com deliver electronics to Ireland? I didn't think that they would/did.

Does anyone here have an informed view on the quality/reliability/etc. of LiteOn DVD recorders ? The price and spec look tempting, but ..

I'm not familiar with the brand so am inclined to be wary of it. But sure what do I know ;) ?

I have had one for over a year and have had very few problems with it-however from some of the postings I read on the Lite-On UK forum it would appear that I have been fairly fortunate-however it also seems that that Lite-Ons aftercare is good.-and the forum mentioned is a mine of info with people only too happy to help with any difficulty.
One word of caution concerns the recommended media.I have bought +RW discs thinking they would be okay only to find problems with them because they were not on the list.Some blame the machine but I have recently learned that recommended media is actually written into the firmware.
From my experience I would recommend it but ask that question on the forum and u will get avery mixed reaction

Lite-On are a well established player (no pun intended) in the PC based CD/DVD drive market in case that helps.

Can you recommend where I can buy LiteOn LVW-5045GDL dvd recorder or can you recommend any good web sites that sell these

Cheers!
Argos have what looks like a newer Lite-On-seems to have higher spec then 5045-its E340.Bought my 5045 in Currys last year-dont know if they still do them

I own an older model Liteon LVW - 5045 HDD/DVD Recorder which I bought April 2005 in Dixon's for 449.99 Euro -was I mad?
The only real problem was somtimes I set it to record and it failed - I updated firmware and of late it is very reliable (touch wood) -always records - I made it multi -region -very easy.
Not sure if I would recommend it but the HDD is great -so much better than video tapes or even using dvd's all the time to record.
Have been told Lite-on make pc dvd drives for Sony.

Great website - [broken link removed] -you will need to register which is very easy.

I see that play.com have LiteOn LVW-5045GDL dvd recorder but they dont deliver them to Ireland. Any suggestions where I can find one!

cheers!

Sorry - it was me who suggested Play.com - but as you discovered they don't deliver electronics to Ireland.

Try Savastore.com they definitely have these dvd recorders and will deliver them to Ireland.
Did you try Pixmania.com - my other suggestion?

I had a look at these places, but I am looking for this model, LiteOn LVW-5045GDL not LiteOn LVW-5045

cheers

Is the original poster actually reading these replies or is s/he simply ignoring the fact that the original link that I posted included Galaxy Computers based in Kildare and shipping to all locations in Ireland stocks the specific make/model requested... I give up.... :rolleyes:

Back