List: November 24th - What services will not be availalbe on this "protest day"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You meant that haven't been balloted yet?
If they were balloted and it was 50:50 what decision was made?

I think they only balloted yesterday. 50:50 estimate beforehand was based on what people had been saying in internal meetings/discussions.

we got an e mail today saying the building will be closed. Waiting on on dept of finance to decide on want to do with those of us not in the union........

So well organised

I think my building will be closed. I am the only one opposing the strike. My gut feeling is that no circulers will be issued.

I will turn up for work anyway - If building is closed - it is not my fault.

My friend works in Bus Eireann and she has told me they are on on strike.

This is probably the biggest issue. The rest of us will have difficulty doing our jobs if public transport is down.

For those of us with monthly or weekly bus tickets I don't suppose we'll get vouchers if there is no service on the 24th? Unlikely I think!

Lets hope, at least, that the nurses don't picket the hospices. Last time they went on strike they picketed the hospices and patients at home with terminal cancer were denied their injections. Though mind you, I wouldn't put anything passed their union bosses. Heartless!

Emergency cover is always provided by nurses in any industrial dispute.

That wouldn't be my experience of nurses - as someone who's been in hospital recently and has had to make loads of emergency visits with an elderly and ill parent.

That wouldn't be my experience of nurses - as someone who's been in hospital recently and has had to make loads of emergency visits with an elderly and ill parent.
Mine neither. My experience is that nurses do great work.

CIE and Bus Eireann are not part of the public sector so are not on strike

Yes, they stand outside drinking tea instead of drinking it sitting inside. Other than thay everything stays the same.

Seeing I had to picket for 6 hours and work for 6 hours (every day) the last all-out nurse strike, this isn't funny. I didn't get any pay for the hours I worked.

Seeing I had to picket for 6 hours and work for 6 hours (every day) the last all-out nurse strike, this isn't funny. I didn't get any pay for the hours I worked.

Then, given that and the massive pay increases you have enjoyed over the last ten years, don’t go on strike.
In my experience most nurses do great work (you know what the is for?) but a considerable minority are rude and lazy.

Friend of mine is on strike today. His boss told them that they just have to come in and picket for an hour and then they can go home for the day!

Friend of mine is on strike today. His boss told them that they just have to come in and picket for an hour and then they can go home for the day!

Thats rubbish. What do their bosses have to do with how long they picket? The unions are in charge of the picket.

Picket rotas aren't arranged by bosses. Picket rotas are arranged by strike committees. It might just happen that the same person is involved in both in your friends case. The approach to picketing varies from location to location. In our case (small office), we decided to cover the main hours when staff will be entering/leaving the building (morning, lunch-time, evening). I'm covering 2 hours at lunchtime, other colleagues are covering the morning or evening shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.