Lisbon

Lambchops

Hi,

I am in my early 30's (female) and myself & my friend were thinking of heading somewhere in Europe for a long weekend break. I was thinking about Lisbon (as every1 raves about it).

1. Is it warm July-September ? Not sure yet what month to go.
  2. Would we be best to stay in the city & travel to the beaches or vica rsa?
  3. Is it reasonable to eat/drink out?
  4. Is there good shopping?
  5. Any good hotel recs that won't break the bank?
  6. Is it easy to walk around?
Thanks for your help

Lambchops
Stayed there for a few days last June. Fantastic city. Was late 20s/early 30s. Stayed in Hotel Zenit (Zenit Lisboa) which was very nice and reasonable although a bit out of the city centre. This isn't a problem however as the metro was nearby and makes it easy to get around the city.

-Cascais/Estoril has nice beaches (short train journey away)
-Belem: Loads of history, v interesting
- Alfama: amazing views, history and fado music
-Baixa: history, views and great shopping
-Parque das Nacoes: Vasco de Gama shopping centre and a trip in the cable car!
-Sintra: I missed but heard is worth a visit.

Very reasonable for everything and loads to do. Am thinking of going back this year!

Thanks Casper02.

Will book a flight next week I think. The only other city I have been to (apart from the States) is Madrid and liked that but think Lisbon sounds nicer. Like the idea of jumping on a train and heading to the beach.

Thanks for your reply.

I was there a couple of years ago and I would highly recommend the Hotel Britannia, it's lovely, was reasonably priced and is walking distance from the city centre. It's a great city to visit. I would recommend staying in the city and making various day trips. I was there in September and the weather was very pleasant, sunny but not unbearable heat. Have a look on Tripadvisor also before you travel, I find it invaluable for advice and tips. Have a great holiday!