Lisbon

Lambchops

Hi,

I am in my early 30's (female) and myself & my friend were thinking of heading somewhere in Europe for a long weekend break. I was thinking about Lisbon (as every1 raves about it).

1. Is it warm July-September ? Not sure yet what month to go.
  2. Would we be best to stay in the city & travel to the beaches or vica rsa?
  3. Is it reasonable to eat/drink out?
  4. Is there good shopping?
  5. Any good hotel recs that won't break the bank?
  6. Is it easy to walk around?
Thanks for your help :D

Lambchops
Stayed there for a few days last June. Fantastic city. Was late 20s/early 30s. Stayed in Hotel Zenit (Zenit Lisboa) which was very nice and reasonable although a bit out of the city centre. This isn't a problem however as the metro was nearby and makes it easy to get around the city.

-Cascais/Estoril has nice beaches (short train journey away)
-Belem: Loads of history, v interesting
- Alfama: amazing views, history and fado music
-Baixa: history, views and great shopping
-Parque das Nacoes: Vasco de Gama shopping centre and a trip in the cable car!
-Sintra: I missed but heard is worth a visit.

Very reasonable for everything and loads to do. Am thinking of going back this year!

Thanks Casper02.

Will book a flight next week I think. The only other city I have been to (apart from the States) is Madrid and liked that but think Lisbon sounds nicer. Like the idea of jumping on a train and heading to the beach.

Thanks for your reply.

I was there a couple of years ago and I would highly recommend the Hotel Britannia, it's lovely, was reasonably priced and is walking distance from the city centre. It's a great city to visit. I would recommend staying in the city and making various day trips. I was there in September and the weather was very pleasant, sunny but not unbearable heat. Have a look on Tripadvisor also before you travel, I find it invaluable for advice and tips. Have a great holiday!

Back