Linksys Compact Wireless-G Router Setup

G

Gull

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a Linksys Compact Wireless-G Router. I've connected my UTV provided modem to the router as per the instructions on the installation CD. The CD has software to check the installation and it gives the message "Communication Error. Please check your TCP/IP Setting". There appears to be nowehere in the installation guide that explains what I should do next. I know that the PC and Modem are working OK because when I disconnect the wireless router everything is OK. Is it the TCP/IP address of the PC that needs to be changed and if so where do I change it (I'm running on Windows 2000). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This page, , has links to some good sites for configuring wireless networks.

C

Hi Gull,

I recently connected up my Linsksys Router - but I dumped the manual and the CD.!!!!

I eventually opened Linksys home page. www.Linksys.com - clicked on "support" - clicked on "technical support" and went with "Easy Connect".( for XP users only- but you might get some help for Windows 2000) It was so simple compared to the CD. Perhaps you could have a look at going that route.

Wish I could talk the talk with techno jargon but I'm a technophobic.

Cheers

Thanks for the advise - I'll definitely check out www.linksys.com instead of the CD. I followed the instructions on the CD and it got me nowhere.

Hi - Its me again. I tried www.linksys.com but when I click on the quick install link I get an error message that Linksys supports Windows XP only and I'm on 2000 so I'm back to square on. Anybody else have any advise??

Hi

I purchase a linksys wag354g wireless router and had a similiar issue. Eventually i brought it back to Argos in Lifevalley and they replaced. The replacement worked fine using the cd for install.

Back