Limo VRT

Mr Blond

Hi,

I have a small business and we are looking to expand,one of our options we are thinking about is importing a Limo in from the UK.I am not sure if they are classed as commercial or not,this is a big difference between standard VRT and flat rate commercial VRT.

Could anybody shed some light on this for me...?

Thanks for your help,I was thinking maybe the weight may move them into the commercial category.Them revenue boys think of everything.

Thats for sure!! You could always get one 30 years old or older(no vrt) What were you thinking of doing with it?Were you thinking of hire/reward work? If so take a look at the taxi regulators site because they are now in charge of the licencing and are proposing some tough testing(nct) schedules for these limos.

have a look on ebay. in the classic car section. there have been a few on there in the past in Ireland.no VRT worries then.
just in case you are interested there is currently a guy on ebay ireland selling 7 or 8 rolls royce silver shadows at good prices(just in case it was a wedding car hire businees you were thinking of)

Hey there mr. blond be carefull what you buy... a friend imported a limo from the states last year, it was kept at the docks till he paid the vrt. all was ok untill recently when he got a letter informing him that he has to comply with some new regulation and change the seats in the limo... his seats are the usual, shaped leather all along one side and both ends, nice. bar tv etc but now he has to change to , if i remember correctly, conference seats. i.e. seats that face each other, which means a total re-modeling of the passenger area.....mega bucks....plus if you do go ahead and import, document all thats inside as all his champainge buckets and crystal glasses etc went missing....dock side....

Back