Limited User Account

windo77

I want to increase the level of security on my PC and for that reason, I've just created a Limited User Account.

This means that while I am using the PC with the Limited User Account, it will be very difficult (maybe impossible) for malware to be installed.

My question is do I need to set a password for the Limited User Account just like I did for my Administrator account?

I am aware that sometimes it is appproriate to use passwords where there are several users of a PC and each user wishes to keep some data hidden from the prying eyes of others users but on my PC, that's not an issue and both users of the PC will be using the same Limited User Account.

What I am asking is whether setting a password for the Limited User Account will increase the level of protection against malware.

Thanks

Not a Windows password, since the user(s) would presumably have to be already logged on to Windows before they could connect to the internet and be exposed to malware or a virus..?

I want to increase the level of security on my PC and for that reason, I've just created a Limited User Account.
Why not use something like Sandboxie or other sandbox or virtualisation approaches? See also [broken link removed] for a good general security overview.