Limited company annual return (B1C) and corporate tax return (CT1)

damien2608

Hello,
I incorportated a company in Ireland in december 2022.
I submited my first annual return in June 2023 withtout financial statement (B1).
I am about to submit my 2nd annual return, which will be with financial statement (B1C).

I wonder if it is after this that Revenue will ask me to pay the Corporate tax. Do I have to do something and have I already missed a deadline?

Many thanks for the help.

Is your company trading? If so since when, and has it registered with Revenue?

Revenue registrations and CRO annual return filings are totally separate responsibilities.

The tax system works on the basis of self-assessment so it's your responsibility to file returns and pay taxes when they fall due. It's not a matter of waiting for Revenue to do anything.

It sounds like you could do with professional accountancy advice based on your situation and circumstances.

I obtained a corporate tax number in December 2022. I didn't do anything else as I thought that the annual return was my next obligation.
My company has been trading since its creation or just a few months after.

I indeed need professional advice.

The accounting period will determine the tax filings. Talk to an accountant and they will assist you in this as it is fairly standard work for accountants. If the company started trading on 1st January 2023 or in December 2022 you should be still in time for the corporation tax return.

Back