Limited Company Advice

J

JamieM

Hi,

I registered a company in December 2006. I had been offered some work as a contractor, and needed a limited company to do the work.

Anyway, circumstances changed, and I didn't do the work. I went to study instead. I was a bit stupid and didn't do anything about the company. Company returns were due in June 2007. I have never traded under the company name, however, now I would like to start trading under the name.

Just looking for some advice on the best way to sort this out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie

Have you checked the CRO, ODCE and websites? If returns are overdue then I presume that there are standard penalties and you need to sort these out one way or another (even if you wanted to ditch/close the company)?

Thanks Clubman. I will check those sites now.

I do actually want to trade as the company now, so some sort of "no trading return" is what I am looking for. I will see if I can see any mention of that on those sites.

Jamie M

If your company was formed in December 2006, then your first annual return would be due June 2007. Download the B1 from the CRO website (Forms Section) and fill it in yourself and lodge it straight away. Use your company package to get the information. There are no accounts required with your first B1, it would have been as simple as lodging the form and paying the €40.00. Your next return is due in June 2008 and you will be required to have accounts with this when it is due. They will be share capital only I presume (as you have no activity for your first years trading - December 2006 - December 2007.

There will be fines which are in the region of €100 late return and €3.00 per day(from when the annual return was due) There is also a late filing fees calculator on the CRO Website to tell you how much is due, depending on the date you will be able to lodge the return.

If you have any queries when filling in the form, post them here and will advise you.

If your company was formed in December 2006, then your first annual return would be due June 2007. Download the B1 from the CRO website (Forms Section) and fill it in yourself and lodge it straight away. Use your company package to get the information. There are no accounts required with your first B1, it would have been as simple as lodging the form and paying the €40.00. Your next return is due in June 2008 and you will be required to have accounts with this when it is due. They will be share capital only I presume (as you have no activity for your first years trading - December 2006 - December 2007.

There will be fines which are in the region of €100 late return and €3.00 per day(from when the annual return was due) There is also a late filing fees calculator on the CRO Website to tell you how much is due, depending on the date you will be able to lodge the return.

If you have any queries when filling in the form, post them here and will advise you.

Thanks MandaC. Very useful information.

Back