Limit on my CC reduced to €2k: if I attempt a €2100 purchase will it be refused?

jimmyd

i got the limit on my credit card reduced to €2000 as the credit card compant had kept increasing it over the last few years - - Am I correct in saying that if I go to buy an item for €2100 that it will be refused?

Re: Limit on my CC reduced to €2k: if I attempt a €2100 purchase will it be refused?

u should give your md full control of your cc

Re: Limit on my CC reduced to €2k: if I attempt a €2100 purchase will it be refused?

Yes, it will be refused unless you have pre-loaded it with €100. In that case it will accept €2,100.

Excellent - Thanks P.

About 12 years ago now I tried to make a purchase with the money already in the credit card, it was refused as the amount was greater than the limit on the credit card. Your best bet may be to ring your credit card provider and ask.

Dont know much but can the merchandiser not put through two payments. I dont think the system will reject them in this format - there has to be a built in window of "excess"

I have an Ulster Bank visa card and it has never been declined, even when it goes over the limit. This has actually been a bit of a problem when I'm on holidays etc and cant check the balance, I get home and realise that it's gone quite a bit over its limit! So in my case I would be allowed to make a transaction over the limit on the card. Not sure if this applies for any other card providers though.

Same with an AIB Gold Card (standard one did decline when I had it)....