Limericks filthy ring roads

rob30

I am originally from Limerick, and am amazed at the domestic bin bags, plastic and paper waste, and bottles that decorate the ring road to the south of Limerick, and along the dual carriageway to Ennis. It has been like that for well over a year now.

It is a great city to go out in but really this is giving a terrible first impression of the place. It never seems as littered around Dublin, Cork or Galway.

Is the area suffering from having too may local authorities in the area ( Limerick city council, limeick county council and Clare county council)? Does anyone have an insight into why it is such a problem there and not elsewhere?

Haven't noticed any litter problem but I do agree letting 3 councils having a say in Limerick is ridiculous for the population size.

There should be one public admin for the city and county.

Came by there about three hours ago (south ring road) and didn't notice any. However a few months back, when you had some caravans by the side, it was unsightly.

I was in Limerick yesterday, and after your post I decided to have a good look on both sides of the dual carraigeway from and to Ennis.

There was some litter (ie drinks cans, crisp packets, sweet wrappers etc) along both sides of the road, but nothing to the extent I thought you were talking about. I didn't see any rubbish bags lying around, just the small amount of littering you would see in any city, town or village at the moment.

I also used the ring roads, and travelled through and back the city, and I really wouldnt have a problem with the litter there.

In my opinion, the litter problem has improved in recent years, and is actually better than it used to.

I agree with your statement about the various councils, as too many cooks really do spoil the broth, but I think that there isnt really a litter problem in Limerick, and it is just the level that you do unfortunatly see around the country.

Am heading off to the Kingdom in a minute .......... will have a gander and report. But it's very hard to concentrate on the sides of the road since the boys in blue no longer wait at the slow bend

Ha yeah

Although I must add, I was a passenger so was able to have a good gawk