Limerick-Nenagh roadworks

pansyflower

I drove from Limerick to Nenagh at the weekend and am still puzzled as to why oh why oh why the looooong stretch of single carriageway with a line of cones along the white line and a 60kph speed limit. Theories, anyone?

i think it is being converted to a dual carriageway. It is on the NRA website. Why they did not do so when it was first built 7 years ago I will never understand. I do wonder if the overpasses are a bit too narrow for 4 lanes of traffic though.
[broken link removed]

So it stays like that until it becomes a dual carriageway? The mind boggles [again]

I suppose the men working a few feet away from the road dictates that speed needs to be reduced.

The idea of putting bollards along the middle of the road is to prevent lunatics from overtaking regardless of speed limits or other road users.

The project comprises 28 km of high quality dual carriageway built to motorway standard, with a single carriageway link to the main road at Birdhill and the upgrading of 10 km of the Nenagh bypass to dual carriageway standard. The new road will link the Limerick Southern Ring Road with the existing Nenagh bypass. There will be interchanges on the route at four locations, namely, Newport, Birdhill, Carrigatogher and Thurles. Bothair Hibernian are the contractors in charge of the project and RPS Scetaroute JV are the engineers overseeing it. The project is being constructed as a 'Design and Build' scheme.

[broken link removed] (pdf, 744 kbs)

Back