Limerick for the all Ireland double :)

Z

z104

As the only team in with a chance of doing the double this year -

I'd like to predict that we'll do it

ever the optimist

its a bit of a mark of the middling hurling championship that Limerick & Waterford who served up the worst Munster Championship match in living memory (ok, slight exaggeration) both end up in the semi.

Limerick did of course have the dream draw (Laois, in fairness) which they nearly threw away. So they enter the semi with no pedigree of note - "there on merit" isnt screaming off the pages, however there's surely 1 game in them and Tipp might coax the best out of them. I'll be shouting for Limerick (will probably go), but if they go out (as they most likely will), I dont think it should be a cause of major anguish.

Giving the footballers a good chance against Meath though long lay off since MF (will attend as I did the final), beyond that Mayo may not be the worst draw either, no hoodoo element, they found it hard to shake off a fairly ordinary Galway team, so who knows. "At the end of the day" its a case of when, not if, they exit - should have nailed the final lads.

TBH I think that Limerick are dangerous now because they have gotten to the semis with only one decent performance. They have a bit of fight in them and it won't be easy to call against Tipp. Obviously Kilkenny are the favourites by a mile overall, but I would have thought that Waterford wouldn't be their chosen oppenents because surely Davey will have them fired up with footage of last years mauling.

A disappointing result, with somewhat a galling finish - a harsh free out and an inadequate 2 minute injury time which, itself, seemed barely played (was at it so no reliable time).

That said Limerick had a poor performance for much of the game, and the 2nd Limerick goal was most likely a square ball. So the end heightened the disappointment but overall the (marginally) better team on the night won. Neither team on that type of performance would trouble Mayo if Mayo bring their game.