Limerick - commute/city.

Are there any housing estates not near the lake in ballina killaloe?

Ard Coillte, Boru Court, Cnoc Cluain, The Beeches, Shauntraud Woods to name but a few

Correct! So compare the price of a 3 bed townhouse in Shantruad Woods in Killaloe to a 5 bedroom semid in Glencree Newport... the house in Killaloe is still more expensive by the cost of a decent new car.

Another option that is cheaper and closer to limerck city than Killaloe is Newport Co Tipperary. Nice small growing village with a lot of new/second hand houses for sale. Pay around 100K less than Killaloe and be closer to town.

Correct! So compare the price of a 3 bed townhouse in Shantruad Woods in Killaloe to a 5 bedroom semid in Glencree Newport... the house in Killaloe is still more expensive by the cost of a decent new car.

Not quite a hundred grand then, but my point was that you could buy for very little or no differnce, I'm sure I could offer a sample to show the flip side to yours!
3/4 bed 3 bath detached house, Shoreside Ballina/killaloe €300,000
v's
4 bed detached house, Hillcrest Manor Newport €365,000

Jeez, you wont give up when beaten.
Dont think we are allowed put links to houses in here or not.

Go ahead and put shoreside killaloe into google. i think you will find that the price is 485K!

Compare that to the house in Newport and presto theres your 100K. Not that the one in killaloe is all that nice though - ive seen it. it aint.

I recon you are definitely an agent awnyways - using the 3/4 bed trick. every try the "mature manicured gardens" trick, this seems to equal a lawn that has been mowed at least once.

I give you last word on this issue, cause i recon ill never get it anyways. Anyone who wants to check the difference in price can easily see it in daft, think thats what i said two weeks ago.

3/4 bed concerns not calling the extra reception room downstairs a bedroom even though it is fact often used as such, much like a 5 bed in glencree might be misleading given the size of them. You can get a house in shoreside larger than the one I suggested for under 400k, my original point was that newport prices were somewhat comparable to killaloe in some areas, I agreed that Killaloe will have far more 'premium' properties close to €1,000,000, but you could still get a new 3 bed semi for under €200,000 up to 2/3 years ago. I'm not trying to outdo you on the general knowledge of the areas I just feel that I know what I'm talking about being a native of Ballina and dealing with both areas in a professional capacity.

On the subject of Killaloe/Ballina, can anyone help with the following:

Recommend a good family doctor?

Things to do/places nearby to visit for young children? Playgrounds?

Where is nearest large supermarket?

Mr.Man- you mentioned a back road from Killaloe to UL- is this the road via Ballina to Birdhill ( just outside)?

Recommend a good family doctor?

The East clare Clinic in Killaloe - Dr. Frieda Carmody.
Ballina - Dr Maureen Ryan, surgery just up on the left past the primary school.

Things to do/places nearby to visit for young children? Playgrounds?

There is a large park in Ballina that takes you alongside the river and it has a play area with swings etc. There are cub scout groups (6yrs and up). Leisure centre at Lake side hotel has pool with slide. The is also a leisure centre two miles out Scarriff road for older kids i.e windsurfing, kayaking etc.

Where is nearest large supermarket?

McKeoghs - Londis on Ballina side, Supervalu in Killaloe.

Mr.Man- you mentioned a back road from Killaloe to UL- is this the road via Ballina to Birdhill ( just outside)?

I mentioned a back road to city centre I think, but you can take the back road from Killaloe to O'Briens Bridge, through Castleconnell onto UL, not sure how much time this would knock off. The road via Birdhill is the main route.

Try looking at mounshannon Co.Clare - A lovely village 10 minutes the other side of Kilaloe - no traffic problems.
Houses are much cheaper than Kilaloe, school is fantastic, on the shore of Lough Derg, great fishing.

And if you love Kilaloe so much it's just 10 minutes drive.

forgot to say the backroad from Kilaloe will save you loads of time at rush hour.

there is no way you can do mountshannon to killaloe in 10 mins, it's a hell of a lot further than that. 10 mins would have you in ogonolloe...try doubling that at least