Light pollution laws - are there any ?

B

BOF

Hi,
I am just wondering if anyone can point me towards legislation regarding light pollution. I am led to believe that Ireland is relatively lax regarding light pollution laws (in fact I am led to believe we have no legislation regarding light pollution at all). It is in relation to a solitary complaint being made regarding the installation of more powerful lighting at an already present tennis-court.

Rgds
Brian

The here returns nothing and the [broken link removed] returns nothing either.

Judging by the links that I've looked at in that search, they are all 'campaigns' at the moment all with a view to getting legislation in place. Legislation that isn't there at the moment. Mostly to do with the building of new properties.

unfortunately there is no statutory mechanism to deal with this but that is not to say that there is some eu laws that are applicaple or coming into force but i do not think so. These days for this issue you are still left with the tort action of private nuisance to estop a tortfeasor or purveyor such pollution and also under the doctrine of equity although this would involve a solicitor, counsel and possible proceedings plus costs that you may never get, talk to the EPA as they would know about possible legislation coming into place.