Light on Dash of Toyota Corolla

D

derkiely

Hi, there is a light on the dash of my toyota corolla (2000) it is beside the light for the handbrake which is a "P" - I dont know what this light is for and would like to find out just incase it means something important. Unfortunately when I bought the car I didnt get a manual..

The light kinda looks like a symbol for a tap but its really kind of hard to figure out exactly what it looks like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the car is a diesel, it may be an indicator that the fuel filter needs to be drained of water (red-light, I think).

Any chance you could get a picture of the light?

its a warning light (orange in colour) to say that there is a problem with the engine.... it can go off for any one of a load of different reasons. for example when my dads petrol corolla got some diesel in it by mistake, the light stayed on for ages afterwards. in my corolla, it came on and i discovered that there was a problem with the timing chain..... your problem could be serious or trivial, but you won't know exactly what it is until you take it to the garage to be hooked up to the computer....
I recommend you take it sooner rather than later to be on the safe side.....
Good luck with it!