Lidl TARGA LCD TV

MaryBe

I bought the lcd tv in lidl yesterday. Very pleased with it (for kitchen) but would like to connect 2 small speakers. Does anybody know if that is possible and if so how. Obviously you've guessed that I am an idiot when it comes to technology!

I have read the manual (doh) The set has two audio inputs. 1 is for Video and the other is for VGA connection but I don't know what VGA is!

Does the TV have a SCART connector at the rear? It is a long socket with 20 flat contacts. If so, this will have audio out. You can get a suitable SCART cable with audio connectors at most TV/HiFi shops.

However, regardless of what audio out connectors are on your TV, the signal level won't be sufficient to drive speakers directly. You will need either a separate amplifier and speakers or combined amplifier/speakers (the type normally used for iPods, MP3 players, etc.).

You need audio out. Look for something like [broken link removed]

There are eight connections like that. The manual says that
2 are for "Audio Input for component connection"
2 are for "Audio input for S-Video or Video connection"
2 are for "Component input (YPObPr)"
2 are for "Video input"

Does the TV have a SCART connector at the rear? It is a long socket with 20 flat contacts. If so, this will have audio out. You can get a suitable SCART cable with audio connectors at most TV/HiFi shops.

However, regardless of what audio out connectors are on your TV, the signal level won't be sufficient to drive speakers directly. You will need either a separate amplifier and speakers or combined amplifier/speakers (the type normally used for iPods, MP3 players, etc.).

Yes there are two scart connectors. I hope to get bose small speakers. Do you know if they supply a small amplifier or what do you recommend.

Bose do a range of good speakers, depending on your budget and sound quality requirement. As I said, if you get just speakers, you will have to buy a separate amplifier to drive them. Alternatively, you can get what are called 'active speakers' which have a small amplifier built into them. Bose sell computer speakers (Bose Computer MusicMonitor) which may suit your purpose - check their website.

Remember that active speakers need to be plugged into a power socket also - something to bear in mind if you are mounting them remotely.

Back