LIDL Satellite System Enhancement

T

taung

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there has successfully added LNBs to the single LNB LIDL digital satellite system. I'm particulary interested in receiving the Hotbird satellites @ 13 degrees and the Astra satellites 2A/B/D @ 28.2 degrees (without having to move the dish).

It would seem that the receiver can handle this enhancement as you can specify which LNB a TV station is tuned through. Additionally the receiver supports automatic switching of LNBs through its DISeqC interface.

Lidl LNB

I am afraid you would have to move the dish to get the Hotbird instead of the Astra.The LNB is suitable for both and the decoder as well.Lidl sold several different satellite systems.One was only for analog TV.With a digital LNB ( up to 12500 mega Hertz) you should be able to get analog as well as digital channels,for example Astra D.But you need the digital decoder as well,the box.There are motors available that would be fixed to the dish and turn it in to the right direction by demand of the remote control.I have no experience with these motors,sorry.

Re: Dont't

A thread on this very topic just opened up over on boards.ie - might be worth following?

Back