Lidl Lawnmower

Cuppa

Anyone have any thoughts on the Floabest Lawnmower for 279.99

[broken link removed]

or can anyone recommend a good value lawn mower for an average size garden

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry I can't comment on the Lidl one but my tuppence worth is that I would prefer to buy something like a Mountfield with a Briggs and Stratten engine. I think something with a 3.5 horse power would be the norm.

I have a one pager from Homebase where they are having a 10% off day on Thursday, 5th April and this one might be worth considering although I have no knowledge of Sovereign brand. It apparently would work out at €221.40.

B&Q appear to have an offer starting on 30th March whereby 15% is allowed on Mountfield mowers. Their recent catalogue which mentions this 15% has totally different machines to their on-line ones!

If you run the search option in this forum only you will find many previous discussions on lawnmowers.

You could look for advice on [broken link removed].

If it's just an ordinary sized garden do you really need a petrol mower. As a former owner I can tell you that there are many disadvantages to having one.

Having to buy petrol and transport it home, running out of petrol, spilling it everywhere while filling the mower. sooted up plugs, annual servicing, having to use the choke, pulling the cord to start it, sometimes it doesn't start or keeps cuttting out, your back, the noise.

Buy an electric mower. Much more convienient and easier to use. Plug it in and away you go

Murt

Advantages to having a petrol lawnmower

You'll probably get the whole season out of E10 worth of petrol
makes much lighter work of cutting the lawn
no power cord to watch out for and you can stray away as much as you like.
No rolling up of power cord after you're done and no untangling of power cord the next time you have to cut the lawn
Maintenance is simple new air filter, drain old/dirty oil and refresh with new oil and finally a new spark plug its not that hard.

As you can see I much prefer the petrol lawn mower even though my front garden is only 30 sq meters but it only takes 5 minutes to cut every week during the summer

I bought one of these in B&Q last year for under E100 and find it excellent no problems at all just had to replace the spark plug and it ticks over perfect plenty of power and a tough plastic deck so no rust. I also find that it really does collect all the grass so no sweeping up after the job is done

Ideal for larger gardens as you're not tied to the mains.
Push mower. 4-stroke. 3.5hp petrol engine. 39cm cutting width. Metal blade. 3 cutting heights. 55 litre fabric grass bag.

Definitely go for an electric mower. Don't get a hover mower though. We bought one last year and I'm trying to sell it now. Very awkward to lug around the garden particularly when nearly full and they're brutal at edges, they just blow the grass over.

I found from having both petrol and electric, the electric mower didnt pick up the grass as well if it was a little wet.

Petrol Vs Electric - I would say it depends on how big your lawn is.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Floabest Lawnmower for 279.99

[broken link removed]

or can anyone recommend a good value lawn mower for an average size garden

Thanks
#

I bought it today. Bargain. they cleaed 3 pallets in 15 minutes. ITs made from a very hard case plastic so no steel rusting away. The engine is a 4hp briggs. Self drive. Its actually a small cutting width so suit a nice small gardain perfectly.

#

I bought it today. Bargain. they cleaed 3 pallets in 15 minutes. ITs made from a very hard case plastic so no steel rusting away. The engine is a 4hp briggs. Self drive. Its actually a small cutting width so suit a nice small gardain perfectly.

Hate to say it but B&S say the minimum for a self proppeled mower should be 5hp.