Lidl, Aldi, or Tesco in Carrick-on-Suir..?

_Paul_

Has anyone heard if Lidl, Aldi or Tesco are thinking of building a store in Carrick-on-Suir?

I know they have stores in the nearby towns of Clonmel and Waterford, but was wondering if they are planning on opening a store in this town?

Thanks very much for the link TTV..!

The article appears to have been published on 15th April 2005, and it states in the article, "Subject to planning, both outlets hope to be open in the town within the next 12 to 18 months."

So possibly the stores have already been built? Does anyone know if the Lidl and/or Aldi stores in Carrick-on-Suir have been built, or are under construction?

Thanks

Sorry Paul, I didnt check the date, they havent been built yet anyway, I dont even think they have been started. I havent been down in a few months but I am almost 100% sure that they are not built. (I could be wrong but they are definitely not open). They are going in behind the Sean Kelly Sports centre as far as I am aware so you could give them a quick ring and ask, its a round about way but you will probably get more information than by ringin the council or any planning authority. At least they could tell you the current build status.

Here is a more recent link, it shows that they are still in planning application stage

[broken link removed]

Thanks again TTV.

I've just read the article and from it it does appear that the store is going ahead. Certainly the councillors all appear to be in favour of it...

No problem, they are definitely going ahead alright - when they'll be open is another thing but I'd say once they sort all of the issues out and put the ball in Aldi's court they wont be long completing the store. It should attract alot of business to the town because it will be worthwhile for people to travel here rather than make the full journey to any of the "big three" i.e. Waterford, Clonmel or Kilkenny...

Back