License for clothing imports from China?

msoptimistic

Hi all

I need a bit of advice from anyone who has knowledge about clothing imports from China.

I am in retail and recently we are not too happy with one of our suppliers. So I looked around on the internet and found a few Chinese suppliers. (I speak Mandarin).

I remembered a few years ago, when I was just starting out, I looked into the Chinese market for supply. I realised that there is an EU law where an import license is needed to import clothing from China. And so I gave up that idea.

So a few questions:

1) Is that law still applicable?

2) If I need a license to bring the clothes in, where can I get one? (someone told me it is a lottery basis?!?). I wonder how do those import companies get their license then?

3) I am looking into importing 150-400 pieces for this consignment. Do I need a license for this?

Many Thanks to anyone who might know.

Regards
MsOp

Thanks a mil Purple!!! My god I didnt know the restriction has been lifted! That will absolutely solve my problem because I can buy straight from suppliers.

I have been toying with that thought for a long time since I speak CHinese and have done business previously dealing in other products.

Happy Days!

Thanks!

MsOp

Back