LG TV stays powered on for 15secs and powers off again

karrie76

I have a 42 inch LG lcd tv(not sure of model num) which is only 6 months old, but when I turn it on it will power on for about 15secs with just a black screen and no sound and then power itself back off. I have tried turning it on with just the sky box connected, just dvd connected and just pc connected and nothing has worked. I tried to call the shop which sold it to me but they were closed and I dread having to ring LG. Has anyone else ever experinced this problem.

If you have any children it is possible that one of them has pressed the timer on the remote control, this can be set from a small number of seconds to 1 hr or so before automatically switching off. Its usually a button that has a clock symbol on it, I'd suggest when you power on the tv that you press the clock button and see if it shows anything on the screen i.e a number, if so then keep pressing the button until you bring it back around to zero.

If you haven't children then I'm sorry I can't think of anything that be causing it except for a fault.

I presume you have plugged the TV from the power point as opposed to always leaving it on standby all the time, if you don't usually unplug it I would suggest trying that and leaving it out overnight and seeing if that may help.

Back