Lexmark x75 hardly ever used printing problem. blocked printhead??

Lucille

We have a Lexmark X75 which is harly ever used. I want to print some Pigsback coupons. Even though the ink level bars show almost full I only get a very faint print of the black print on the coupons.

Apart from that is it possible to save the coupons selected to print as a separate doc to email elsewhere.

Many thanks

Hi,
As you indicate that the printer is rarely used, might be just the heads have dried ink on them blocking the ink getting out... so replace the cartridges.

Haven't used the PigsBack coupons, but is there a "save option" on them? Right click on the coupon, & choose "save as"?

There is a way of "printing to PDF format", I use a great little tool called "cutePDFwriter"... located at:
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
You can install that, then when you have a document, just go to "print" it as normal, but you will get the option of priting to "cutePDFwriter", select that & it will prompt you to choose a location to save the file as pdf format.

The printer driver may have an option to clean the print head. Might be just clogged with dry ink from last use.

You can choose File or right click on coupon and do a save page, and when you reopen this the coupon is there ready for printing.

You cold copy the url for this saved page or its download file and email to some where else and it should work I guess.

sound like a blocked printhead, I would clean them by going into your control panel, selcet printers folder, then your Lexmark printer. Under properties there should be some option for maintenance/ head cleaning