Levelling a garden

LMNOP

Hello,
after our build, our garden is no longer flat, to put it mildly, and, as we cant mow it, its turning into a very rough meadow. Before I lose a child down there, Im wondering if anyone can suggest an approximate cost for levelling a ½ acre garden? Also, who would I approach to do this kind of a job? Man with a digger? Farmer?
Husband well able, but too busy finishing the house at weekends, so would be next year before he gets round to it.
Tks in advance.

Im in cork but got a local farmer to do my 1 acre site for 1500. He killed everything, rotavated, seeded and rolled for that (plus moved a bit of earth here and there).

I've no doubt you would find one willing to do it. Just be aware that it wont be as good as a landscaper i.e. no stone burying etc, but if you want a reasonable looking garden on a budget it's the way to go.

I just drove to the nearest farm and asked. He was the first I called to so I assume you should have no trouble finding someone

Last edited:
My local farmer did mine for FREE as a neighbourly gesture, it did cost me 1500 for top soil and he organised 2 local labourers for €300 to stone and seed it for me . But his use of tractor and equip and time was free. He just wouldn't take money. I get him a nice hamper at christmas as a thank you.

Secman

Back