Levelling a bathroom floor with Latex

Newbie!

we just removed a shower tray from our bathroom and there is a big dip in the floor where it was situated. Someone told us to buy latex and some milky stuff that goes with it, mix it into a creamy texture and that would level of the floor - well level enough to put a lino on it.

Is this advice right and can anyone recommend product names??

Dear Newbie,

I asked about this recently and Kiwibob kindly replied as follows:

I'd recommend something like this
www.rsgroup.ie/durabond/floor...g_compound.htm

My floor-fitter has levelled kitchen and hall floors for me (the procedure is apparently known as "screeding") and he's done a great job. All ready for the new vinyl.

A Floor Levelling Compound will only be for levelling small depressions,
big dip in the floor

you may initally require filling with a product other than Levelling
Compound as it's only about 2mm thick. I'm sure someone else will
recommend a suitable filling product

There will be instructions on the bag, some recommend building up to the level in layers, adding sand to initial layers.
Leo

i had some of that stuff last year and the bag said it could only be poured up to 10mm. in the end i didnt chance it and used loads of extra tile cement instead

I have poured up to an inch when helpin out my brother on botched screeding job.

[broken link removed]

the white milky stuff is an activator that reacts with the cement in the mix and helps bonding with both surfaces. buy a floor trowel and just take your time it's easy enough for that size that yr doing. pour it in the dip and slowly bring the mix up to the high points making it all level