Level 5 Countrywide from Thursday 22 October

A lot of the reduction happened under level 3,

What reduction? The whole country moved to level 3 on October 6th with numbers on the rise. On the 6th we reported 424 new cases, there was no day during the level 3 restrictions that posted lower numbers. Over the next three weeks of level 3, daily numbers trebled.

I just think nphet need to be realistic about what is achievable given what's happening in Europe and that many people will travel home on holidays over Christmas anyways.

You haven't said how it would be possible to achieve 150-300 cases per day with reduced restrictions.

You haven't said how it would be possible to achieve 150-300 cases per day with reduced restrictions.

What I was saying is the best that can be achieved is 150-300 cases per day with the current restrictions by December 1 but even that is now looking ambitious, the Nphet target of below 100 cases per day is unattainable. I did not agree with going to level 5 but staying at level 3 and yes we would have a higher daily rate of maybe 500 cases per day. I do not think the enormous cost of going to level 5 with 150.000 extra unemployed and a cost of 1.5 billion euro extra on top of what we were already paying is justified. Very little attention is being payed to the cost of all this.

I did not agree with going to level 5 but staying at level 3 and yes we would have a higher daily rate of maybe 500 cases per day. I do not think the enormous cost of going to level 5 with 150.000 extra unemployed and a cost of 1.5 billion euro extra on top of what we were already paying is justified. Very little attention is being payed to the cost of all this.

Fait enough, I haven't seen any detail on what the cost implications would be for 500 cases a day to compare though.

Back