Letter Writing Help

Dear Sir/Madame

In April 2004 I invested in (product description) which is due to mature in September 2009.
It was always my intention to let the bond mature as evidenced by my investment history to date, however due to a dramatic change in my financial circumstances I now have to consider early encashment of my investment.
In (date) of this year I was made redundant from my employment & had envisaged returning to the workplace within a short period of time.
However, due to the current economic climate it has become increasingly difficult to find new employment and as a result my financial situation is deteriorating rapidly.

I am sure that you can appreciate that this is a very difficult subject to disclose and I have tried to manage on other savings until now but they have finally run out and I am faced with no other option.

I would appreciate if you can look favourably on my situation and assist me in this very difficult time.

I can be contacted at (details)

Yours Sincerely

Would the best option not be getting a short term bank loan with the tracker bond being deposited with the lending institution as a guarantee?

Thanks for the advice. That's actually very helpful however I spoke to them again yesterday & she said they were very firm about this that I had to make my situation out to be as dire as possible, probably worse than it is. I would still appreciate any more help that anyone might have?

Are there any other (even UK) websites like this that deal with these sort of issues that might at least give me ideas as to what to say in a letter?

I don't mean to appear rude Glacier, but you've been asking about this since January!

You have been given plenty of advice and suggestions. I fail to see what more you desire.

I suggest you read back through all the advice posted here for you, and either just write the letter or sit tight.

The bond matures in just 4 months now and it's taken you 5 months to get this far.

Last edited: