Letter of Claim example

C

conjoe

Hi, following a car accident which the other partys insurance company will not accept liability I may want to proceed with a claim. I did contact the other party's insurance company the day after accident & they have now recieved a completed claim form from their insured. With this being the case that both insurance company & other party are aware I want compensation (injury & damage to vechicle) do I still need to send a 'Letter of Claim' to the other party?
If so what should the letter contain? Would there be any examples available (googled but nothing from irish sites)?
Tks

Your posting is a bit unclear.

Other party will not accept liability.

You may want to proceed with a claim.

Other party has correctly given a claim form to his insurers.

Insurer and other party are aware you want compensation.

Do you need to send a letter of claim? Are you serious?

If you want to proceed with claim, you do. They have denied liability and will not be rushing to give you cash.

Was your vehicle insured?
If so why not report the matter to your insurance company and let them deal with it?

ONQ.

In answer to your questions;

Yes my vehicle was insured - though 3rd party only, so my ins. co. did not show any intrest in getting involved as other party was not likely to make a claim; as no damage was caused to their vehicle & they claimed they were present but not involved in the accident.

As you indicate; I do need to send the letter, so what content is necessary in the letter?

Tks

Yeah, I figured something like that because any time I had an accident my insurance company weighed in, not necessarily to my great benefit, but it was their call, apparently as I was fully compo.
You appear to be about to sue the other party and for that you need a solicitor's advice on the detail - that's not something I would have though could be attempted on an RTA on AAM.
You need to get proper legal advice, since you appear to be making a legal claim and not a claim on your insurance - still, you never know.

ONQ.