letter of apology from bank and confirmation of alteration of CCR following review of redeemed mortgage

Fizzy20

Hi,
The letter of apology is in relation to a redeemed mortgage, it relates to a review of offset mortgage accounts and concludes that they calculated the minimum monthly payment which was not in my best interest. They state they are addressing this error by paying €500.00 in recognition that the previously calculated minimum monthly payments were not in my best interest. They also proposed that they would review the information given to the CCR. The same letter was received by my ex-partner and other party on the mortgage. Neither of us have completed the payment instruction and Indemnity form as instructed by the letter.
I have since received a second letter, this time outlying that they have updated my credit record with the CCR to reflect the repayment history had the issue not occurred.
I am unclear what this means.
To note I had an awful experience with Ulster bank for the 10 years the mortgage was held, the monthly repayments were not affordable once my partner lost his job and whilst we did manage to go onto a reduced repayment scheme, maintaining this payment plan was difficult. Arrears occurred, totally nearly 40,000 and there were upsetting dealings with the resolution team. I engaged with the bank throughout, went through MAB's and the resolution process, I had every aspect of my finances questioned and placed under a microscope, I constantly felt like a criminal. Throughout this I continued to pay a monthly amount based on the previous agreements. Arrears occurred due to delays by the bank to agree extensions on reduced payment schemes. I held on to the house through negative equity, I finally managed to sell the property in 2018, following home DIY/Upgrades - all done without the support of the bank. Subsequently I redeemed the mortgage and managed to pull together a deposit for a new home. I found myself refused on mortgage applications in AIB and Ulster Bank, despite mortgage advisers support. My final attempt was with Ulster Bank again, having been turned down on my first submission. I was lucky to have an excellent and experienced Mortgage advisor who took my case as a challenge and won. However I am now stuck with Ulster Bank as a mortgage lender, because I couldn't get a mortgage elsewhere.
My Question - Given these correspondences- Did Ulster Bank affect my CCR, that I was unable to get a mortgage elsewhere and i even had a fight to get one with them. Should I accept their apology or should I seek legal advice. I am really unhappy with this bank and I have been tied into them again, I do not have any respect/trust for the organisation.

Back