Let us not understate the importance of our low CT rate

Isn't that what Clubman would call an ad-hominem attack, whereby you put words into my mouth and then attack me for your words. Maybe you should just concentrate on what I actually did say, rather than what you assume my opinions to be?

Isn't that what Clubman would call an ad-hominem attack, whereby you put words into my mouth and then attack me for your words. Maybe you should just concentrate on what I actually did say, rather than what you assume my opinions to be?
No, that would be a strawman argument. An ad homenen would be saying you were an idiot (and by inference your opinions were idiotic too.)

No, I simply asked questions in an attempt to show that the phrase "race to the bottom" is a cover for protectionism that (in an EU context) keeps the poor, poor, and the rich, rich.
I have a high opinion of you (or at least the persona which you present here) and would not seek to attack you personally.

No, that would be a strawman argument. An ad homenen would be saying you were an idiot (and by inference your opinions were idiotic too.)
A strawman argument is when one ignores the points or views expressed by another party and counters/refutes based on a position that the other party has not made.
I have simply asked Complainer what actions he would like to see to counter what he sees as a race to the bottom.