Lermoos Ski Resort from Memmingen

G

Golfer15

Hi Folks,

First time poster on this site but have found it an excellent source of information over the years.

I would like to know what Lermoos is like for a family ski holiday (kids are aged 9 & 8), it looks a little small compared to some other better known resorts but I was hoping smaller might mean more charm. I've skied seven times myself in Andorra, France and Austrai (Skiwelt) but bringing the family for the first time.

I was hoping to fly Ryanair to Memmingen, Germany. Any one have ideas on transafers to Lermoos/Erhwald ?

Thanks

Did a week there one summer years ago - it is very small, not much in the way of bars and restaurants at that time. I've no idea about skiing facilities.

There is a good train service from Memmingen to Lermoos , journey takes approx 2hr40mins.
You can pre-book for cheaper seats on [broken link removed]

It's a fairly short taxi to the train station in Memmingen, costs 10 euro. The ticket office is helpful, they speak English and they will give you the best either price or train times available on the day. I don't know the ski resort as i go there to visit family near Lake Constance.

Many thanks for all your feedback it is much appreciated.

Can anyone tell if Lermoos is a good choice for children skiing or is there better more suitable resorts in that part of Austria. From what I have read the resorts in the Alberg region although high peaks and more expension generally have alot of pros but just as many cons especially for a family ski holiday. Is Lermoos a safe bet ?

Lermoos is great! was there in Jan 08 & 09 with my wife & 4 kids aged between 6 & 13 at the time. Lermoos is a small quaint village with great ski runs for all the family. We all really enjoyed! Would highly recommend it for families or those not into big apres ski,eventough there are a few lively bars too! Lermoos is more for relaxation. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you Bigbrother for your reply to my post all your information has been very reassuring. I'm really looking forward to visiting this area now.

No problem Golfer15!
Have you arranged accommodation? We stayed in the Hotel Post which was fab (but expensive) call into the bar for a drink where there is a beautiful deck with fantastic views of the Zugspitze. If I can be of any help give me a shout.

Back