lense for dslr canon 1000d

esox

hey all, finally get to go shopping in the sales, have an entry level dslr
Canon EOS 1000D

in mind dose any one know bout the lenses that comes with this camera alls the info i can find is that it is EF-S 18-55mm zoom lenses but what dose this lenses work at best landscape, macro, family etc.
as you can tell my knowledge is limited.

many thanks

The kit lens is a pretty good all-rounder and will be fine for landscape, close-up (not quite macro) and portraits. The entire range of Canon SLR lenses will fit on this camera so you can decide later what lens size is best for the kind of pictures you like to take.

One other thing, I think the entry level Nikon DSLRs are ever so slightly better than the equivalent Canon, there's not a whole lot in it so try both and see what you think.

hubby says you'd be better off buying the camera without the lens and having a budget of €300-€500 and getting a lens more suited to what you want to specifically shoot. he recommends an 18-50 ml sigma EX f2.8 - - a very good general lens - almost identical to the one which comes with it but much better quality and faster. This is all dutch to me but hubby really knows his stuff!

I got the 18-55 with my canon a couple of years ago and it is pretty much the lens that is always on it going out and if needed i will change to one of my others. It is pretty good just for regular photos - parties, close ups etc.

excellent stuff people, much appreciated,
heading to big smoke hopefully will find wot I'm looking for.
just wanted confirmation that others found the 18x55mm lens a good all rounder will look to extend range of lenses in future once I've found the pics most suited to me.

will also have a look at the Nikon's entry level on the net l8r

:Djust received delivery of brand spanking cannon 500d, few extra pound but i think added features well worth it

Back