Length of time for a standing order to actually arrive

elcato

I have a SO I receive every two weeks from a known person. For the first 2 months it came through in two to three days. Since then it has taken two weeks for the next two months to actually arrive in my account. I have queried the person who's account it's coming out of and they have not changed anything their end and funds are always there (Of course I have to accept the fact that they are honest on the funds being there). I notice now another monthly SO i receive seems to be slipping by a week also. The first one is Ulster to Ulster. The second one may not be. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay ? Is there any advantage to the bank to have money in transit for a lomger time ?

For your description, it's either/both a problem with the payer account or Ulster Bank. Standing Orders operate broadly the same across banks, but are independent of each others. Problems with 2 seperate payer banks would just be coincidence and not attributable to a more widespread cause.

As for the payment date 'sliding', perhaps it's a case of the payment being delayed one month, and then being paid subsequently, The next payment may then be scheduled one month after the actual payment date, rather than the original schedule date.

That's just a guess on my part. I'd assume a problem with the payer account to be a more likely cause.

I'd check in with the bank they will be able to see the transaction dates and let you know if they are bouncing on the other side.

Back