Leixlip

Julesanddave

Hi there

Im wondering if anyone can give me any advise on Leixlip in general.

We are moving to Ireland from the Uk in the next few months and have been orginally looking at Lucan. We have a budget of €350000 and would be hoping to get a 3 bed. My son will be attending school in the next few years. I like the fact Leixlip is on a train line ( I believe its very hard to get a seat!)

Im wondering what Leixlip would be like in terms of anti social behaviour, are the majoirty of the estates fairly quiet? Also can anyone advise on the schools? I have read there are no big supermarkets in the town? Only Lidl?

Thanks for your help

Julie

have you looked at maynooth. bought there last september and it's a lovely quiet town/village even with the university

There are already loads so thread covering Leixlip. Why not try out the search facility ?

Looking at your posts, i hope you are not going to start a new thread for every location in Ireland?:rolleyes:

Hi Julie

i live in leixlip try looking on myhome.ie.I live in gleneaston which is a very nice estate.Im close to lidl and the train station.Tesco in celbridge which is 24hours is only 5 mintues drive from my house.I really like living here and my estate gives me no problems.With every area there will be anti social behaviour.

There are already loads so thread covering Leixlip. Why not try out the search facility ?

Looking at your posts, i hope you are not going to start a new thread for every location in Ireland?:rolleyes:

he he.. You are funny!:rolleyes:

I have tried the search facilty and didnt find much information.. Yes there is information on the commute etc but I was more looking at info on Leixlip estates and schools.

You will be glad to hear its only the lucan/Leixlip area we are looking at so you wont be graced with many more of my posts!:)

Im actually from leixlip. There is some great deals to be had here at the moment .Castle town will has some house , s close to your budget ,its a old estate that many of the house,s have nice big extensions and is a very settled estate.Gleneeson is new and very nice but a lot of the three beds are rented by invester so you could end up living beside a party house

I see you read my other post! I'm more familiar with the other end, up the Captains Hill. It's a more established area, most of the estates (Riverforest, Glendale, Glendale Meadows, Riverdale) are approx 25 years old and as a result it's a little cheaper than the "far end" which has Rinawade and Glen Easton and others, which are much newer houses and therefore more expensive. There are at least 3 good primary schools in Leixlip incl a Gaelscoil, and two good secondary schools (all mixed boys/girls). Because Leixlip is more established than Lucan it is much easier to get into the schools. It also has an excellent new library, they're in the process of building a garda station and have identified a site for a swimming pool (although I wouldn't hold my breath). The Supervalu up the Captains Hill would be the main supermarket, it's not bad, but if you have a car you can get to Tesco and Superquinn in Lucan or Tesco and Dunnes in Maynooth or Tesco in Celbridge, all in 5 - 15 mins.What I like about Leixlip is that id doesn't really have any rough areas except possibly Knocknamona which is a council estate beside Glen Easton. There are plenty of teenagers so you'll get the usual high jinks but I wouldn't consider it has any problems regarding anti social behaviour (except possibly at 3am on a Saturday night outside the nightclub!!). You will get a 3 bed in Riverforest or Glendale Meadows for around 340-350k, have a look at www.myhome.ie and www.daft.ie to get an idea of houses.

Back