Leixlip estates - any ideas?

R

Reba

I have 2 viewings booked, looking at Leixlip for the train line facility. Howz it as an area and anyone heard anything about it. The only thing I got from past posts is the difference between Confey and Louisa bridge-Is that a problem thesedays or is Confey grand?
Viewing in Riverforest and Glendale Meadows

Re: Leixlip estates-any ideas?

Hi,

I'm originally from Leixlip but have moved out (not too far away actually) approx 7 years ago.... Leixlip is a great area but has (in my opinion) become very built up over the last 5-10 years.

I'm a far-ender (ie - not from Confey) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Confey at all. It has a lovely church, super-valu, restaurant, few shops, good train service and a bus service etc and it is only a 10 min walk from the village. When I was growing up in Leixlip there was alot of "trouble" between kids from Confey and the "far end"...just kids been kids really...but this has diminished over the years...

Hope this helps - Anything else, just PM me.

: o)

Reba,

my brother has lived in Glendale Meadows for over 10 yrs, they have 2 kids,
love the area ,schools and sports facilities are fantastic. A Mature estate within easy assess of Dublin

Big price drops in today's indo property section for Beech Park eg from 440K to 345K. Nice area, had considered but thought over priced. Bit more realistic now. (Have no commercial interest!). Lived in Castletown up to two years ago for 6/7 years. Nice area good schools etc.

Anyone able to give any info on what the Riverdale estate is like? and the surrounding area (confey-ish)? From having a look it on the ground, it seems like a nice area.

Bit I did notice that the backend of River Forest seemed just a little bit rougher than any where else in that general area.

St. Mary's looks like a small council estate. But it looks like it was built in the 1950s or even earlier and seems settled and quiet and small in scale (as opposed to a 1970s development like Darndale, north Dublin).

Anyone out there who know's Leixlip ? Thanks!