Leicester City Centre Hotel

Gulliver1

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a nice city centre-based hotel in Leicester, UK?

I am looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel smack bang in the middle of the city.

Any advice/recommendations will be greatly accepted.

Thanks!

Holiday Inn at St Nicholas' Circle is a stones throw from the city centre.
I haven't the contact details as I sit here but I'm sure Mr Google has them.

Only stayed in one city centre hotel in Leicester and I would urge you to avoid it, the Ramada was a terrible, terrible hotel. Cold unheated rooms in late Autumn, poor room service, unhelpful staff, a dining room that I thought was rather whiffy of a sewage persuasion... I detested it. Generally when I Leicester I have stayed at the Marriott but that isn't in the city centre it is out by the M1 - it is however an excellent hotel and one I would definitely recommend, about £8 in a taxi to/from the city centre.

I always used to stay in the Grand Hotel, a Victorian hotel on the main street from the Railway Station into the City Centre, with lots of character...

That is what is now the Ramada - and as for character ... that is one word for it. Like I said I was thoroughly unimpressed with the service, staff and the lack of heating (which was literally "icing" on the cake). While the building has a lot of features that may, under the right management, make the place interesting; it is currently veering towards shabby and not at all chic.