Legoland London

BlueSpud

We are spending a few days in London & were thinking of taking the kids to Legoland for a day. The coach trip out there will cost £68 for 2 adults & 2 kids. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an ordinary bus that goes there, like the 46A.?

Isn't that out around Windsor?

There should be a train out from Paddington.

I had a quick look on nationalrail.co.uk and there seems to be trains to Windsor for about £24 return for the lot of you. You'd probably get a bus or taxi to Legoland from there.

It's out by Windsor, so just West of Heathrow - No bus that I know of goes out there all the way from London, but there's an excellent train service (and if there was a bus it would probalby take ages!) - There are half hourly trains from Waterloo (take about 1 hr to "Windsor and Eton Riverside") ... alternatively trains from Paddington changing at Staines to "Windsor and Eton Central" ... short bus or cab ride from either station to Legoland (they're pretty much beside eachother)

£68 for the coach trip is very expensive if it's just for the coach (or does it include admission?)

Can you please let us know what it was like, I would love to go and see it. the child in me breaking out!

Coach & admission is £178 (2*48 + 2*41)
Admission alone is £110 (2*32 + 2*23)
So coach portion is £68.

I'd definitely say take the train then ... Windsor has a very good train service which would probably get you there faster than the coach would and give you more flexibility to spend as long as you like there and not be constrained by the coach return times - not to mention the fact that it would be substantially cheaper than the coach!

http://www.legoland.co.uk/planyourvisit/directions.htm implies there's a shuttle up from the train stations .. or a taxi wouldn't cost much as it's only a very few miles

Windsor is a very pleasant little town by the river .. the castle is well worth a look if you've time as well (though likely wouldn't appeal to kids in comparison with Legoland!)