Legoland Holiday either Denmark or England

susan12

I would like to bring my children (2 and 4) to Legoland. We would camp in Denmark and would consider taking a ferry if this was practical.

Has anyone been to either and where did you stay. Was it worth it and top tips anyone please.

Susan

Theres lots of tips on legoland on sites like rollercoaster.ie - go to the holiday forum.

I was in legoland Windsor last month and really enjoyed it. We brought Young Sully who is 3 and she had a great time. Make sure your kids are over .9 metres in height as that is the minimum height requirement for many of the rides...some need them to be taller again. Also bring a change of clothes, many are water rides and you do get wet.

It doesn't have the magic of disney but it does have the wow factor with more thrill seeker rides and so on. I really enjoyed it and only for the recession, I'd go again!

There is also a Legoland in Germany, near Günzburg which is half-way between Stuttgart and Munich.

It's a lot cheaper than Denmark or England. I've brought my children twice and they loved it.

The food outlets there are good and quite reasonable for a theme park - you can even have a beer. There's no problem bringing your own food and drink.

went to legoland in windsor. fyi - doesent cost much more to book hotel & legoland than just legoland.

Thanks Everyone

I've booked Legoland in Denmark for mid June for a week. The flights were really cheap with Ryanair, working out at €240 for two adults and two children with checked bags and including all taxes etc. A seven night stay in a 2 bed cottage with shower/toilet on the campsite next door to Legoland including towels and linen and camping passes and a two day pass to Legoland itself works out at €1k.

We thought this was pretty good value. I'm pregnant so I couldn't do a fly into Windsor and walk for two days around Legoland only to get back on a plane home. I'd prefer to stay self catering with the kids also rather than a hotel but that's just us. Last holiday we'll be having for a while with three kids in toe so gonna try to make the most of it!!!

thanks again for the replies.

Susan

Back