Legitimate place to buy bitcoin

lucashood1977

Id like to put some money into bitcoin but there just seems to be so many options and since im clueless on investing and dont want to be scammed would appreciate some guidence

Based on your current situation, you should be avoiding bitcoin like the plague. You really need to sort out your finances before touching anything as risky/volatile as bitcoin

Based on your current situation, you should be avoiding bitcoin like the plague. You really need to sort out your finances before touching anything as risky/volatile as bitcoin
I agree with this. As much as I'm a proponent of crypto, this is not your starting point. Prioritise by being disciplined with your spending/saving. If you actually make those changes and establish a track record of saving consistently over a few months, maybe then you can look at crypto (a couple of percent of your monthly savings).

I use revolute. Its very easy to buy and sell crypto. There might be better ways though.

Think Binance is one of the cheapest exchanges out there. It's certainly cheaper than Coinbase. That said Binance's interface is quite complex.

Is binance so much cheaper that it is a better option over coinbase allowing for complexity of its interface?

Ease of use is a big plus for me so unless savings are significant id go with easier to use option.

Is binance so much cheaper that it is a better option over coinbase allowing for complexity of its interface?

Ease of use is a big plus for me so unless savings are significant id go with easier to use option.

Yeah not sure. You'd probably need to be doing a lot of trading for it to make much of a difference. There are a lot more alt coins available on Binance too. For instance one of the top coins by market cap (Cardano) is not available on either Revolut or Coinbase.

Coinbase PRO is FAR cheaper than Coinbase and allows you to execute limit trades.
If you have already have a Coinbase account, you are automatically entitled to a Coinbase pro account at no extra charge.

I found Kraken (https://www.kraken.com/) very professional to deal with in the past. They’re probably one of the oldest exchanges around and considered very secure (as these things go!).

Back